How to Add & Use Canned Messages in Live Chat
ProProfs Live Chat enables you to add canned responses to facilitate quick replies to common questions and situations. These predefined messages can help you engage visitors while you do work at the backend, thus increasing efficiency.
You can use them to welcome a visitor, acknowledge the visitor’s patience, request a visitor to wait for an appropriate response, and so on.
Canned responses allow you to respond to such scenarios with a single click without requiring you to write the same reply repeatedly.
With canned responses, you can:
Reduce response time to common questions
Engage visitors with appropriate predefined responses
Here’s what canned messages look like:
In this article, you'll learn:
Step 1: On your ProProfs Live Chat dashboard,
Navigate to Settings >> General
Click 'Canned Responses'
Step 2: To add a new canned response,
Click 'Add New Canned.' A slider window opens.
Step 3: In the new window,
Choose a category in which you want to keep your canned response.
Give it a title.
Select the appropriate response from our predefined template list. You can even type your own response.
Click 'Add' to finish adding a new canned response.
The newly added canned response(s) will show up on the main screen under the specific category. You can edit or delete it from here.
When you click on the Edit icon, you get options to customize the canned response in multiple ways.
Follow the instructions below:
1. Category: You can change the category of a canned response.
2. Title: You can modify the title.
3. Response: You can change the message to make it more engaging.
ProProfs Live Chat enables the categorization of canned responses for every group of operators to help you better serve your customers.
1. Before adding a new canned response, you can select a group from the dropdown for which you want to set up a new predefined response.
2. After selecting a group, you can be more specific by adding categories and dividing your responses category-wise to enable better assistance from operators to customers.
That is all about adding a new canned response.