How to Set Your Live Chat Business Hours
ProProfs Live Chat lets you set business hours during which your chat support team can handle customer queries. You can set multiple business hours if you have a team working in different time zones to align their SLA timers with working hours.
By setting business hours, you can:
1. Enable transparency around your customer support services.
2. Manage incoming chats effectively, even with a small support team.
3. Execute SLAs properly based on time or place
Here are a few use cases of this feature:
1. It will prevent operators from connecting with visitors after business hours, thus ensuring security.
2. It will automatically switch the operator’s status to ‘Online’ (Accept Chats) during and to ‘Offline’ (Don’t Accept Chats) after business hours.
How to Set Business Hours for Your Live Chat Support
Step 1: In your ProProfs Live Chat account,
Navigate to Settings from the dashboard
Click on the dropdown arrow next to the Advanced section on the left panel.
Select Business Hours at the bottom of the list
Step 2: Click to enable the status. You will see a pop-up mentioning the current time zone. Click OK to proceed.
Step 4: You can do the following on this screen:
1. Add the name of the lot and set working hours for all operators in that time zone.
2. To add multiple business hours, click Add New Business Hours. Name the lot and set working hours. Repeat the action to add more working hours for different time zones.
Step 3: Click ‘Save’ to finalize the changes.
That is all about setting up business hours for your live chat support team.