Visitor Chat Window's Settings
You can enable emoticons in chat window settings to make the conversation more engaging for your site visitors. Also, allow your operators and site visitors to share files during a live chat. The software settings will enable you to send a chat transcript automatically to operators once a session ends.
Watch a quick video to go through different aspects of chat window settings:
Video About: How to Customize Your Live Chat Window
Or continue reading to learn it step-by-step.
In this article, you'll learn,
Step 1: On your ProProfs Live Chat dashboard, click Settings.
Step 2: Under the Chat Window drop-down on the left, click Settings to access the visitor chat window settings. Toggle each setting between Yes/No as per your preference.
Each setting for the visitor chat window is explained below:
- Emoticons: Let your visitor use emoticons during a chat.
- File Upload: Let your visitor share a file during a chat.
- Chat Rating: Let your visitor rate your operator during and after a chat session.
- AutoClose: Set a time limit for chat inactivity. When this time limit is over, that particular chat session is closed automatically.
- Email transcript to operators: Chat transcript is sent automatically to the chat operator after a chat session.
- Email transcript to visitor: Chat transcript is sent automatically to the visitor after a chat session is over.
- Timestamp: Enable timestamp for each chat message during a session, visible to both the operator and the visitor.
- Wait Time Message: Let your visitors know if their chat request is in the queue along with their current standing.
Step 1: For more settings, click Real-Time Monitoring.
Real-Time Monitoring settings enable the operators to manage wait time, auto-logout, and obtain visitor location:
- Maximum Wait Time: Set the time limit within which an operator can accept a chat request. In case the chat request goes unaccepted, the visitor can still send an offline message.
- Auto Logout: Set a particular time or period after which all your operators will logout automatically
- Hide Visitors: This option shows only those visitors that are in the waiting queue for a chat. It hides the remaining website visitors.
- Show Visitor's IP: Shows the visitors' IP address on the monitoring window.
- Show Visitor's location: Shows the visitors' location on the monitoring window. Save when you're done making changes to the settings.
Step 1: In your ProProfs Live Chat account,
- Navigate to 'Settings' from the dashboard.
- Under 'Chat Window' on the left panel, click 'Settings.'
- Click 'Select your time zone' on the top right of your screen.
Step 2: In the pop-up window,
Follow the screenshot below:
1. Select the country from the drop-down list
2. Set the timezone
Step 3: Click 'Save' to finalize your changes.
That is all about the visitor chat window's settings.