Visitor Chat Window Settings
ProProfs Chat offers customization options to align the chat experience with your brand's identity. You can personalize chat window settings, optimize real-time monitoring for team performance, and accurately set your chat dashboard's time zone.
Follow the step-by-step instructions in the help article to improve user interactions, streamline your team's efficiency, and increase customer satisfaction.
Watch a quick video to go through different aspects of chat window settings:
Video About: How to Customize Your Live Chat Window
Or continue reading to learn it step-by-step.
By configuring visitor’s chat window settings:
You can improve visitor’s chat experience by enabling/disabling features
You can acquire more information about your visitors to provide better support and increase customer satisfaction levels
Here's a preview of the visitor's chat window:
In this article, you'll learn,
Step 1: On your ProProfs Live Chat dashboard, click Settings.
Step 2: Under the Chat Window drop-down on the left, click Settings to access the visitor chat window settings. Turn settings on/off as per your preference.
Each setting for the visitor chat window is explained below:
- Emoticons: Let your visitor use emoticons during a chat.
- File Upload: Let your visitor share a file during a chat.
- Chat Rating: Let your visitor rate your operator during and after a chat session.
- AutoClose: Set a time limit for chat inactivity. When this time limit is over, that particular chat session is closed automatically.
- Email transcript to operators: Chat transcript is sent automatically to the chat operator after a chat session.
- Email transcript to visitor: Chat transcript is sent automatically to the visitor after a chat session is over.
- Timestamp: Enable timestamp for each chat message during a session, visible to both the operator and the visitor.
- Hide chat icon: Use the setting to hide the offline chat icon when operators are unavailable to take chats.
- Wait Time Message: Let your visitors know whether their chat request is in the queue and its current standing.
Once done, don't forget to click Save at the bottom of the screen.
Step 1: For more settings, click Real-Time Monitoring.
Real-Time Monitoring settings enable the operators to manage wait time, auto-logout, and obtain visitor location:
- Maximum Wait Time: Set a duration for an operator within which they can accept a chat request. The visitor can still send offline messages if the chat request is unaccepted.
- Operator Availability: Set a specific time based on your timezone or availability duration, after which you want your chat operators to log out or go offline.
- Hide Visitors: Use this option to see only those visitors in the waiting queue for a chat. It hides the remaining website visitors.
- Show Visitor's IP: Get information about the visitor's IP address in the monitoring window.
- Show Visitor's Location: You know your visitors' location in the real-time monitoring window.
- Show Bot Conversation: Operators can view the ongoing conversation between users and the AI bot. It will also allow a chat operator to take control of the chat at any stage to assist the user.
- Inactivity alert: Set up an inactivity alert to notify the super admin if an operator accepts a chat but fails to reply within the specified inactivity period, helping to spot and fix slow responses.
The user will be notified when an operator takes over the chat in the chat window.
- Chat Routing: You can pick any one of the routing algorithms:
- Less Busy: Route the chat to an operator who is handling the lowest number of active chats at the time of an incoming request.
- Round Robin: The round-robin method in ProProfs Chat routes chats to operators one by one in sequential order. Chats are initially assigned from the first to the last available operator. Once all operators have received their first round, subsequent rounds begin from the first operator. If an operator becomes busy, they are temporarily moved to the end of the queue and receive chats when their turn comes up again. This method evenly distributes the workload among operators.
- Operator's Status: You can add custom status for operators to pick from based on their activity when they are not online. It will help you monitor their overall performance.
Click Save when you're done making changes to the settings.
Step 1: In your ProProfs Live Chat account,
- Navigate to Settings from the dashboard.
- Under Chat Window on the left panel, click Settings.
- Click Select your time zone on the top right of your screen.
Step 2: In the pop-up window,
Follow these screenshot instructions:
1. Select the country from the drop-down list
2. Set the timezone
Step 3: Click 'Save' to finalize your changes.
That is all about the visitor chat window settings.